RESPONSIBLE WOOD SOURCING POLICY
Plank and Coil’s mission is the convergence of health and sustainability in sourcing, purchasing displaying and selling products for your home. While keeping the health of our customers in mind we seek out bedding and other furnishings suppliers that hold similar values. When sourcing wood furniture especially bed frames we expect that our manufacturers use solid wood from responsible sources such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and or reclaimed solid material from reputable sources. We have a preference for FSC certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements.
Plank and Coil is also firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber.
- Timber which is deemed rare and endangered.
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management.
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
Through this policy Plank and Coil seeks to set an example for home furnishings retailers and do our part to protect the world’s forests as well as protect our customers from possessing wood from unethical sources.